Military and government officials, as well as many resellers and many manufacturers deliver a number of different products. From mil spec oils and lubricants to cutting tool wax, there are many times when these products will determine the amount of success that a company will have. In fact, metalworking fluids and mil spec oils and lubricants determine how long different kinds of machines will last, as well as how efficient those machines will operate.
A 2016 report, in fact, projected that the metalworking fluids (MWF) market will reach as much as $9.74 billion by the year 2020. The creation and distribution of these fluids employs thousands of people and supports many other industries.
Transportation Lubricants Are Important Maintenance Purchases for Many Companies
Cooling, lubrication, chip removal, and corrosion control are the four main functions of metalworking fluids. This wide variety of purposes, of course, means that there are a number of kinds of lubricants that are manufactured that are used throughout a number of different industries. Automotive, manufacturing, aerospace, and military fields rely on the use of the right kind of oils and lubricants.
consider some of these facts and figures about the important oil and lubricant industry and the impact that it has on the lives that we live:
- With a a potential 8% volume reduction against a non-recycling system, most reductions from recycling metalworking fluids can be significant.
- Only 42% of manufacturing companies have all the correct procedures in place to manage lubricants effectively, according to a recent international study revealed, The same study indicated that 63% of these manufacturers believe they do not conduct staff training on lubricants as regularly as they should.
- Although pure synthetics contain no oil whatsoever, semi-synthetic lubricants contain less than 30% oil content in concentrate.
- Manufacturing companies estimate that 70% of their unplanned equipment shutdowns in the last three years were caused by incorrect lubricant selection or management, according to a recent study.
- Almost 2.5 million metric tons of metalworking fluids were sold across the globe in 2016, according to Future Market Insights’ report.
- 89% of lubrication professionals consider an oil’s viscosity index when selecting a lubricant, according to a recent survey.
From synthetic aviation greases to the regular oil that is used in the cars that we drive, it is important that you have the right oils and lubricants for every specific purpose.