There are many times in life when we simply do not want to advertise our mistakes. A low credit score is one, a previous DUI charge might be another. If you are someone who is required to use an ignition interlock device, that is another thing that you might want to keep to yourself. Fortunately, there are a number of new and improved discreet breathalyzer products on the line that allow you to be safe and private at the same time.
Unfortunately, every day in America, another 28 people die as a result of drunk driving. This statistic alone is an indicator of how important it is to limit vehicle access to people who tend to drink on a regular basis. Drivers who have been convicted of previous driving while intoxicated offenses may be required by law to use a car breathalyzer in order to make sure that the car will not start if the driver is intoxicated. For business people who need to drive for work, the use of a discreet breathalyzer may be advantageous.
Safe Driving Depends on Sober Drivers
The latest research indicates that when installed, interlocks are associated with about a 70% reduction in arrest rates for impaired driving. For this reason, there are many families who want to know that there is an interlock device that prevents their loved ones from starting a car if the breathalyzer responds. The new year is often a time when many people want to begin implementing new habits. Perhaps the best habit that you can embrace, and get others in your family to embrace as well, is to make sure that you never drink and drive.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that drunk driving causes problems, as well as the devices that can control these dangerous habits:
- Interlocks help reduce repeat offenses even after the device is removed by 39% compared to offenders who never installed an interlock.
- Ignition interlocks prohibit the engine from starting if an alcohol sensing device registers above a pre-set level, which is often set around 0.02 Blood Alcohol Content.
- $59 billion is the annual cost of alcohol-related crashes.
- Most ignition interlock devices will prompt you to perform a rolling retest five to 15 minutes after the vehicle is started, as well as randomly throughout the trip.
- You can still be arrested for and convicted of DUI with a BAC below 0.08 in many states.
- Placed there for drivers with multiple DUI convictions, there are already about 150,000 interlock systems and counting now in cars in the U.S.
Being able to discreetly make yourself a safe driver is a goal of many people who have had a drunk driving offense. With the use of a special attachment to your phone, water drink straw, or cellphone, you can assure your family that you are safe without revealing your limitations to workers and friends. Discreet breathalyzers allow drivers to stay safe no matter what setting they are in.